Here are some resources that you may find useful to assist you to become more accustomed to using Seesaw and to help with communication with home.
1. Essential Viewing - Getting Started with Seesaw - guides from preschool to high school - scroll down the page to view all - each one is a step-by-step booklet and is available in pdf format with multiple illustrations.
2. Getting Started Checklist for Teachers - handy to ensure you remember everything. (pdf format)
3. Help on Best Practice - Remote Learning - Working from Home
4. PowerPoint on Remote Learning with Seesaw - ppt download
6. Handout 2 - Seesaw - Logging in as a Teacher (pdf) - completely updated Nov '20
8. Slideshow on Getting to Know Seesaw - presented below - using many of the ideas from No.1 Seesaw booklet above and including a linked video on Seesaw in action in a primary school.
10. Laura's Top Tips for Seesaw Class - NEW - Working Remotely and Symbol Insertion shortcuts (2 pages in pdf format)
11. Laura's comparison of the advantages of the paid version of Seesaw over the free version - as requested by many webinar attendees.
Click on image to view in full size on screen
1. Getting Started with Seesaw - Video Tutorials
2. Creating Resources with Seesaw -Video Tutorials
Tutorial 5 uses the image from Pix Clipart for this activity. You may wish to do the same. To do this click on the link below:
The instructions for creating the activity for Seesaw 2 - Creating A Word Bank - are here in pdf format
Tutorial 6 - Using SafeTube (now VideoLink) with Seesaw
In this video, Laura explains how to create a link to a website or online video. In the process she shows how to take the url from YouTube and paste it into Video.link in order to avoid any issues with suggested videos from YouTube down the side and also any ads popping up. (The video uses SafeTube - which is the old name, nothing else has changed)
Tutorial 7 - Using Google Slides with Seesaw
In this video we introduce Google Slides with Seesaw. Both Slides and Docs work well with Seesaw (but not Ppt). This video shows just one example (Cinnín Óir) of how Slides could be used to link to Seesaw. Hope you find it useful. Click on image on left or right.
Tutorial 10 - Jan 2021 - Adding stickers to Journal entries when correcting pupil homework. This video has been added in response to several requests to point out where the stickers can be got and how to add them to the journal entries. You will need some program to extract files - I am using Express Zip - which is free for non-commercial use.
Tutorial 12 - In response to a specific request to show how Twinkl activities can be used in Seesaw, this is one such Autumn activity, a Maths matching activity, suitable for Junior/Senior Infants, sourced in Twinkl and attached as a pdf for pupils to annotate over and submit their completed assignment.
Tutorial 14 - Creating a Virtual Classroom using Seesaw. This video involves the creation of a virtual classroom from the very beginning. There are many activities (and steps) involved in this particular activity and the video is 45 mins in length. Thanks to Laura for recording and sharing this video.
Slideshow from Questions and Answer Session on Seesaw
This slideshow was put together in response to queries set by participants in advance of the Q and A Session on Seesaw which was held on Tues 8th Sept @ 7 pm. Hope you find it useful.
ALSO - now available just below here in scrolling slideshow....